Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Here it Comes.... the Hug

Mission Rule #1 -- Do not have relationships with boys, no hugging no kissing, no flirting etc.

So I got home, things were going pretty well. My family all came in and we were just livin the dream playing games and what not. Then I hear a knock on the door. It was one of my best friends from college and.... a boy. That is right. I was so excited to see them I ran up and gave her a hug, and well did what I did for my entire mission..... I stuck out my hand to shake his. He started to laugh until he realized I wasn't kidding and said, "Oh you've got to be kidding" I did that awkward laugh chuckle thing where you are trying to pretend you are joking but you are so not. Yeah it was weird. I know.

For a good 2 to 3 weeks every time a guy came up to me I cringed not really knowing what to do.

Here is a really good article I found about why it is okay to be as awkward as we are!

http://www.ldsliving.com/story/77363-psychologist-explains-why-rm-awkwardness-is-normal?utm_source=ldsliving&utm_medium=email

and if that doesn't make you feel like a million bucks I am not sure what will :)

I thought this shirt was pretty funny though.



















I it getting a wee bit better. No worries. I can side hug ya like a boss!

2 comments:

  1. Kelli, that is too funny that you did that! My brother is getting really close to coming home from his mission and I have began to wonder how it will be for him getting back into the world. Especially communicating with girls! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man yeah, he is in for a good time for sure! You will have to tell me all of the funny stuff that happens when he is home :)

    ReplyDelete