Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Coming Home



It's hard to believe that a little over a year and a half ago I was embarking on one big adventure. I was called to serve as a missionary in the Wisconsin Milwaukee Mission and it truly was the greatest year and a half I could have asked for. I've included a couple of Wisconsin adventure pictures, I will be straight up honest I am horrible at taking pictures but I found these from the old email
Teaching some steller guys with sweet staches

The wonderful Hannah!

I had no idea what was in store for me. Holy cow, I had no idea. The tears of happiness the tears of despair and sadness, the tiredness, oh for sure the tiredness, the blisters, how big my hair actually ended up getting in humidity, the incomprehensible joy, and the complete peace in knowing that the Lord is aware of you and loves you more than you thought possible. I could not have asked for a better year and a half.



But I am back to the real world baby!

You know how when you decide to go on a mish, everyone tells you it's going to be the best thing in the world and the hardest. You can kinda prep yourself for it, like when you watch people do work out videos you think you know absolutely everything, until you actually do it yourself and then those girls in the yoga pants whip you right into shape, yeah kinda the same right? That's probably a bad analogy but I have done that more often than what I am proud of. Well, I am here to tell you they don't really do that for when you get back!! My older sister Kammi mentioned to her two return missionary friends that I was coming home, and they cringed and said, "Oh man, we are so sorry!" I laughed pretty hard at that and realized I was not alone in this almost as awkward as middle school phase of life I am now in. This is a blog about all the craziness that happens when you are home. How do I get back into the swing of things? Well, I am still figuring it out so I will keep you up to date on all the good things about that and test run it for you, don't you even worry!

I have been home one month now and you get ready for some good stories. It has been quite the adventure month if I say so myself.

I'll just give you one awkward story of the road. So I get back, it's great. Hug the fam and race them to the car so that we can go get some Cafe Rio, which I may have missed more than my younger brother! Ha kidding! We get our food and my family starts to eat and I fold my arms to pray over the food and just stare at them. One by one they look at me and slowly put down their fork along with their head and say, "No, we're really going to do this?" I don't know about you, but my family is not used to praying in public. I just smile and say, "Ah yeah!" I think that was the fastest prayer I have ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment